MARRIAGE LICENSE INFORMATION
Requirements for a marriage
license issued by Loup
applicants must be at least 17 years of age or upwards. If either party is a minor, no license
shall be granted without written consent of a parent or guardian. Such consent forms are available in the
office of the Loup County Clerk.
- One form of identification is required – i.e.
Driver’s License or Passport.
- Need to know the birthplace of the bride and groom.
- Need full names (including maiden name of mothers)
and birthplaces of both parents.
- The bride and groom must provide their Social
Security Numbers, if they have one.
Applicants who do not have a Social Security Number must complete a
form provided by the Clerk asserting they do not have a Social Security
- If the applicant had a previous marriage, we will
need to know the date the marriage ended.
(Date of divorce decree or date of death)
- No blood test is required.
- Licenses are good for one year from date of
issuance. Therefore, they have to
be married within that year or they need to apply again.
- A couple may apply for their license in any county in
Nebraska and use it to be married in any
License Fee: $25.00
To receive a certified copy of a
marriage license issued in Loup County, please send a check or money order to
for $9.00 and the following information:
Name of Groom.
Name of Bride (including maiden
Month/day/year of marriage
Loup County Clerk
Taylor NE 68879-0187